Interested in Preschool?
We have high-quality, 4- and 5-Star-rated preschools ready to enroll your child. Call (513) 363-0240 for more information. Or, fill out the preschool interest form, and you will be contacted about a CPS preschool for your child.
Preschool registration — for both magnet and neighborhood schools — is handled online or at four hub schools located around the Cincinnati Public School District.
How to Make an Appointment
Preschool registration appointments are accepted between 8 a.m.–3 p.m., Monday through Friday. A convenient Preschool Registration location will be determined when scheduling your appointment.
To make an appointment, call a Preschool Registration Hub at (513) 363-0240.
- Option 1: Rising Stars at Vine
- Option 2: LEAP Academy
- Option 3: Rising Stars at Carthage
(To determine your preschool's Hub, see the chart below.)
Rising Stars at Cheviot Westwood: 513-363-1575
Fromer Bramble: 513-363-4961
|HUB 1: VINE
|HUB 2: LEAP ACADEMY
|HUB 3: CARTHAGE
|Rising Stars at AWL
|Rising Stars at Carson
|Rising Stars at AMIS
|Rising Stars at Cheviot/Westwood
|Rising Stars at Aiken
|Rising Stars at Chase
|Rising Stars at Bond Hill
|Clifton Area Neighborhood School
|Rising Stars at Cheviot
|Rising Stars at Carthage
|Rising Stars at College Hill
|Rising Stars at Douglass
|Rising Stars at Ezzard Charles
|Rising Stars at Covedale
|Rising Stars at Evanston
|Fairview at Rising Stars Vine
|Rising Stars at Ethel M. Taylor
|Rising Stars at JP Parker
|Rising Stars at Mt. Washington
|Pleasant Ridge Montessori
|North Avondale Montessori
|Rising Stars at Gamble
|Rising Stars at Rockdale
|Rising Stars at Riverview East
|Rising Stars at Hays-Porter
|Rising Stars at Roselawn
|Rising Stars at Rothenberg
|Rising Stars at LEAP
|Rising Stars at Silverton
|Rising Stars at Midway
|Rising Stars at South Avondale
|Rising Stars at Vine Street
|Rising Stars at Mt. Airy
|Rising Stars at Taft Elementary
|Rising Stars at Oyler
|Rising Stars at Winton Hills
|Rising Stars at Pleasant Hill
|Rising Stars at Woodford
|Rising Stars at Rees E. Price
|Rising Stars at Roberts
|Rising Stars at Roll Hill
|Rising Stars at Sayler Park
Translations — Hub Chart and What to Bring to Register in Preschool
Information Required for Preschool Registration
A parent or legal guardian must bring the required documentation when registering a child for preschool. The registration process for preschool will not begin until all required documents are received.
A copy of the child's immunization record must be in the child's preschool file.
Families must pay tuition for preschool or be income eligible for reduced rates.
Tuition (2022-23) — Deposits are due, and must be paid, at registration.
- $3,700 per school year for half-day preschool ($500 deposit and 8 monthly payments of $400)
- $7,000 per school year for full-day preschool ($800 deposit and 8 monthly payments of $775)
For families whose incomes place them at or below 250 percent of the federal poverty guidelines, various grants may be applied to assist with free or reduced tuition.
Neighborhood School Preschool Registration
Families may register a child at any time by visiting a Preschool Registration Hub to submit required documents and complete CPS Student Registration Packet. Students eligible for preschool at a neighborhood school follow the enrollment guidelines for Neighborhood Schools. Children must be 3 years old to attend preschool by September 30th.
Youngsters who have siblings already enrolled in a neighborhood school may apply to that school's preschool program early for the upcoming school year during sibling enrollment.
Magnet School Preschool Application and Registration
Applications to magnet school preschools are submitted online during the annual magnet application period. All eligible preschool students are put on waiting lists and sent a letter, pending a review of the application by CPS' Early Childhood Department. Registration to enroll your child does not mean your child has been accepted into a magnet preschool.
- Applicants to magnet school preschools must be age 3 or 4 by September 30.
- Children who turn 5 by September 30 and are age-eligible for kindergarten should apply to kindergarten.
A child accepted into a magnet preschool who lives within CPS' district boundaries may stay in that magnet school for higher grades without reapplying.
Families who live outside CPS' boundaries (Open Enrollment students) with children in CPS preschools must reapply for kindergarten.
- Dater Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- Gamble Montessori Elementary School (preschool to 6)
- LEAP Academy (preschool to grade 4)
- Parker Woods Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- Roberts Academy (preschool to grade 8)
- North Avondale Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- Sands Montessori School (preschool to grade 6)
- Woodford Academy (preschool to grade 6)
- Academy of Multilingual Immersion Studies (AMIS) (preschool to grade 8)
- Academy of World Languages (AWL) (preschool to grade 8)
- Fairview-Clifton German Language School (preschool to grade 6)
- William H. Taft School (preschool to grade 6)