Arts and Culture
A transformative experience awaits students at Woodford Academy, where a vibrant Arts & Culture Program inspires the next generation of performers and artists. Woodford offers a rigorous, standards-based curriculum enriched by the powerful and expressive force of the arts to promote creativity, diversity, confidence and academic excellence.
At Woodford, we cultivate top scholars through teaching philosophy designed to spark each student’s natural interest in learning – laying a strong foundation for high school and beyond. Our formula helps students learn to think critically, work collaboratively and act boldly – preparing them for leadership when their opportunities arise.
Build the Habit of Good Attendance Early
School success goes hand in hand with good attendance! What you can do:
- Set a regular bed time and morning routine.
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
- Find out what day school starts and make sure your child has the required shots.
- Introduce your child to their teachers and classmates before school starts to help them transition.
- Don’t let your child stay home unless they are truly sick.
- Keep in mind complaints of a stomach ache or headache can be a sign of anxiety and not a reason to stay home.
- If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teachers, school counselors or other parents for advice on how to make them feel comfortable and excited about learning.
- Develop back-up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call a family member, a neighbor or another parent.
- Avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session.
- Download CPS Good Attendance Tips