Lottery Application Calendar
Lottery Application Calendar — Applying for Enrollment for the 2024–2025 School Year
CPS Magnet, Out-of-Neighborhood and High School lotteries have one extended application window! Now families can submit one application per child.
CPS Magnet Sibling Application (Preschool-6 or Preschool-8)
December 1, 2023 - March 1, 2024
- View and download the application: 2024-2025 Magnet School Sibling Application
Sibling Application Period
Process: Siblings are given priority for entering magnet schools. Paper applications must be submitted at the magnet school during the Sibling Application Period. Parents should call the magnet school for office hours to hand in paper applications.
Who may apply during the Application Period for siblings?
Siblings of in-district students already enrolled in magnet schools may apply to the sibling's magnet schools. The entering student must meet the magnet school's eligibility requirements, if any, and live within the CPS district at the same address as the current student.
CPS Magnet and High School Lottery
December 1, 2023 – March 1, 2024
The CPS Lottery is now one round for the following lotteries: Magnet, High School and Out-of-Neighborhood. Now families can submit one application per child.
Out-of-Area (East & West) Application — CPS residents only (non-lottery; paper)
- April 9 – 26, 2024 — Magnet Elementary Schools (Paper applications turned in at schools.)
- Magnet schools with a waiting list will not accept east/west applications.
- View and download the Out-of-Area Application: CPS 2023 Out-of-Area Magnet Application
Open Enrollment — Preschool -12th Grade
Out-of-District Applicants — Online Only
- May 1–31, 2024 — Online Lottery Application; parents receive letters — July 2024 (Subject to change)