Arts and Culture at Chase School
A transformative experience awaits students at Chase School, where a vibrant Arts & Culture Program inspires the next generation of performers and artists. Chase offers a rigorous, standards-based curriculum enriched by the powerful and expressive force of the arts to promote creativity, diversity, confidence and academic excellence.
We cultivate top scholars through proven teaching methods used to spark each student’s natural interest in learning – laying a strong foundation for high school and beyond. Our formula helps students learn to think critically, work collaboratively and act boldly — preparing them for leadership when their opportunities arise.
The Arts and Culture Program at Chase
Chase’s Arts & Culture Program features artistic instruction for all students in art, dance and music. Each 5th-and 6th-grade student will play a band instrument. As part of the visiting artist program, students will work weekly with some of Cincinnati’s most dynamic and talented artists.
- An artistic curriculum that is connected to the new National Core Arts Standards
- Connections to artistic and cultural resources provided by the Smithsonian Center for Education and Museum Studies
- Skype sessions with music and art elementary classrooms in other countries
- An annual Arts & Culture Exhibition where students perform and showcase music, art, dance and native dress from cultures around the world
- Guest artist residencies featuring some of Cincinnati’s finest artists
The Future Is Waiting. But We're Not.
Chase School will partner with The Art Academy of Cincinnati and The Cincinnati Arts Association to provide exciting learning experiences outside the classroom. The Northside community’s many artistic venues and events will provide students with opportunities to perform their music and showcase their artwork outside of the school. And, with the McKie Recreation Center adjacent to Chase School, we will combine physical activities with the arts in novel and meaningful ways.
The Chase School Advantage:
- Small class sizes for individualized attention
- Highly qualified, caring teachers with advanced degrees
- Daily blocks of 90 minutes of reading and mathematics
- Free kindergarten-readiness program for four-year-olds
- A summer learning program that extends the school year by one month
- All-day preschool and kindergarten
- Free breakfast for all students
- School wellness programs that promote healthy eating, ample exercise and strong character
- Access to a variety of programs and clubs, including Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts
- Partnerships with the Children’s Home, the YMCA, Whiz Kids, the Cincinnati Recreation Commission and others deliver fun activities, academic enrichment and resources for students and families