- William H. Taft Elementary School
CPS CELEBRATES PARENT VOLUNTEERS!
CPS loves our parents! From November 14 through Family Volunteer Day on November 19, we’ve been celebrating the parent volunteers who continue to “Be Present” for staff and students across the district.
“We want our parents and our community to know that we believe their presence is important to not only the students, but to the community and to the academic environment,” said Pia Headen, principal of Ethel M. Taylor Academy. Principal Headen spent the morning making a home-cooked meal of pancakes, waffles and bacon for parents and providing an up-close view of the school’s many programs during a Welcome Wednesday session.
"We want to make sure our families feel like partners at Roberts Academy," said Linda Westendorf, ESL Specialist and member of the Family Engagement Committee at Roberts. "We want all of our families, especially those who don't speak English, to know that the staff is here, we appreciate them, and we love having them at our school."
In addition to pancakes, CPS schools served up their parent appreciation in a variety of ways, from a student performance at Spencer Center to coffee and cards at Mt. Washington. Here’s a snapshot:
Principal Beauchamp was out and about during Robert's drive-thru family appreciation event!
- Aiken High School: Recognized parents at its Local School Decision-Making Committee meeting
- Carson School: Hosted a reception during parent conferences
- Carthage School: Provided dinner and door prizes at its parent meeting and refreshments during parent conference nights
- Cincinnati Digital Academy: Celebrated with refreshments at parent night
- Chase School: Hosted a parent breakfast
- Cheviot School: Sent parent appreciation postcards from students and recognized volunteers and partners during its partner meeting
- College Hill Fundamental Academy: Made cards for volunteers in its Foster Grandparent Program
- Covedale School: Sent letters from students
- Dater Montessori: Celebrated with letters, cards and yard signs
- Ethel M. Taylor Academy: Hosted Pancakes with the Principal during Welcome Wednesday
- Evanston Academy: Hosted Pastries for Parents
- James N. Gamble Montessori Elementary School: Recognized parents with cards and emails and in its weekly parent flyer
- Hyde Park School: Sent thank-you notes from students
- John P. Parker School: Recognized parents at Literacy Night with a card for a turkey giveaway
- Kilgour School: Recognized parents and volunteers during parent-teacher conferences and a school-wide celebration, as well as shout-outs during morning announcements and emails
- LEAP Academy: Shared daily social media posts reflecting on the support from families
- Lighthouse School: Sent thank-you flowers to members of its Local School Decision-Making Committee
- Midway School: Hosted a Shout-Out Celebration with gifts and treats
- Mt. Airy School: Sent thank-you notes from students
- Mt. Washington School: Hosted an open house with refreshments along with thank-you notes and calls
- North Avondale Montessori School: Sent thank-you notes from staff
- Oyler School: Sent student-made cards to mentors in its Al Hampton program
- Parker Woods Montessori School: Hosted TLC Day – Tea, Love & Coffee – with gift bags
- Pleasant Hill Academy: Recognized parents with an awards ceremony
- Pleasant Ridge Montessori School: Hosted Grandparents/Special Person Day
- Riverview East Academy: Hosted a grab-and-go breakfast and shared a Thanksgiving dinner invitation
- Roberts Academy: Shared treats at morning drop-off
- Rockdale Academy: Hosted breakfast along with a raffle, thank-you cards and video
- Roselawn Condon School: Shared shout-outs during morning announcements, gave thank-you cards and hosted a parent/volunteer dinner
- Rothenberg Preparatory Academy: Recognized parents and volunteers with a student-made video and thank-you signs; made baskets for partners
- Sands Montessori School: Sent thank-you notes from students and distributed hand sanitizer to "thank you for lending a hand"
- Sayler Park School: Gave shout-outs in the announcements and phone calls
- Shroder High School: Shared thanks during a parent meeting
- Silverton Elementary School: Recognized volunteers and hosted a Thankfulness Breakfast for families
- South Avondale School: Recognized parents during its Fall Festival and gave Certificates of Appreciation and gift cards
- Spencer Center for Gifted and Exceptional Students: Hosted TLC Day – Tea, Love & Coffee
- William Howard Taft Elementary School: Celebrated parents and volunteers with coffee and donuts, a video presentation from the school community and a small gift
- Western Hills High School: Hosted a parent and volunteer luncheon